Product Manager (Software Applications)
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing Rain Bird’s ClimateMinder product line, as well as supporting and expanding the existing sales channel. The position is based out of Azusa, CA and is open for immediate placement.
Learn about this product line here: http://www.rainbird.com/ag/products/ClimateMinder/index.htm
- Work with the field sales team and dealer channel to drive product line sales growth and profitability.
- Develop strategy, plans and materials for new product/feature launches working with Ag Marketing.
- Develop product marketing materials to help drive sales working with Ag Marketing.
- Regularly meet, in the field, with Rain Bird ClimateMinder (RBCM) resellers to support their sales, marketing and customer service efforts.
- Provide remote (phone or email) pre-sales and post-sales technical support to RBCM resellers and key growers.
- Support the expansion of RBCM sales/service channel by identifying, training and supporting new resellers in conjunction with Ag SBU management.
- Develop and implement reseller training kick-off and development programs.
- Develop customer training materials from technical documents and presentations/webinars to online videos and tutorials in accordance with Rain Bird Corporate Identity requirements.
- Develop product presentations, coordinating with Rain Bird sales force and customers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of competitive market share, positioning, pricing and programs.
- Identify market research needs and manage that activity through completion.
- Gather customer feedback, directly and by attending key customer and industry events and share with appropriate Ag personnel.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong product management skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze, recommend and implement strategies to launch and grow your product base. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the marketing challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: computer science, engineering, agronomy or equivalent technical discipline.
- Experience in product development/management, sales, marketing and/or channel management
- Strong technical skills in terms of electronics, computers and web-based software.
- Experience with managing, developing and/or supporting web and mobile applications.
- Superior written & oral communications and supervisory abilities.
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of activities at one time, and to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing strong influencing skills to produce results across an organization
- Ability to travel up to 40% maximum including overnight as needed.
- Product / Brand Management experience.
- Strong analytic & strategic thinking, and excellent project management and customer-facing skills
- Background in agricultural production/irrigation, turf, and/or grounds care markets.
- Understanding of soil moisture and weather sensing for agricultural irrigation.
- 3+ years of experience with a manufacturing company.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#moisturesensing, #agriculture, #weathersensor, #irrigation, #electronics, #webbasedsoftware, #embedded, #productmanager, #productmarketing, #marketing, #soil, #sensor, #agronomy, #climateminder, #agsense, #motorola, #jain, #puresense, #wiseconn, #mobileapplications, #hardware, #software, #cloud, #webapplications, #agriculture, #sensingproducts, #groundcare, #landscape, #irrigation, #channelmanagement, #productlaunch, #marketing, #channel, #software, #go-to-market, #strategy, #embedded, #firmware, #california, #californiajobs, #jobsincalifornia, #marketingjobs, #jobsinmarketing, #marketingcareers, #careersinmarketing, #rainbird sales
Back to top