Product Manager - Controller
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving sales and market share growth for a portion of the Contractor Controller product category. This will be one of three Controller Product Manager Positions for the Contractor Division. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market opportunities and from this analysis deliver a comprehensive strategic plan to gain market share. This strategic plan will include complete product roadmaps, localized, national and global promotional plans, marketing collateral development and new product launches. The selected candidate is expected to be creative, proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment, possess strong self-initiative and the ability to influence others to deliver results. Strong leadership, interpersonal and project management skills are essential to drive execution across various stakeholder groups. The top candidate will have strong potential for future management positions.
- Develop and drive market strategies to grow sales and market share of existing product lines in both established and new markets.
- Develop in-depth global knowledge of competitive share, positioning and pricing programs.
- Develop long-range product line strategies across customer segments that achieve substantial growth and profitability through new product introductions.
- Lead new product development teams to deliver the highest quality products to market, achieving schedule, investment, revenue and margin targets.
- Champion a “quality first” orientation and lead cross-functional efforts to maintain and improve on industry-leading quality for assigned product lines.
- Research business intelligence on competitors, customers, market trends and government regulations to develop positioning, pricing and growth strategies for new product initiatives.
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience in a manufacturing company.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in business, marketing or engineering.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to get results.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Experience marketing and/or selling through distribution and contractor channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Project, Outlook).
- Understanding of the Landscape Irrigation market.
- Project management experience and a track record of success with new product development.
- International market development experience.
- MBA from a top ranked school.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top