Product Manager - Commercial Central Controls
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving sales and market share growth for the Commercial Central Control product category. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market opportunities and from this analysis, deliver a strategic plan to gain market share and enter new markets. This strategic plan will include comprehensive product line strategies, including those related to life cycle management, new product development, integrated marketing strategy, product quality, merchandising and promotional programs. The selected candidate is expected to be creative, proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment, possess strong self-initiative and the ability to influence others to deliver results. Strong leadership, interpersonal and project management skills are essential to drive execution across various stakeholder groups.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of competitive market share, positioning, pricing and programs.
- Work with the field sales team and distribution channel to drive product line sales growth and profitability.
- Develop customer training materials including but not limited to: technical documents, presentations/webinars, videos and tutorials in accordance with Rain Bird marketing requirements.
- Develop and drive market strategies to grow sales and market share of existing and new product lines in both established and new markets.
- Champion a “quality first” orientation and lead cross-functional efforts to maintain and improve on industry-leading quality for assigned product lines.
- Lead, plan, and implement new product development based on customer insights and using established best practices for stage gate process to meet revenue, margin, investment, and schedule objectives.
- Identify and execute product cost reduction opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business
- 5+ years product management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch marketing programs
- Proven ability to lead, influence and manage cross functional product development teams
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Understanding of the Landscape Irrigation market.
- Product development experience.
- International market development experience.
- MBA degree with a marketing emphasis.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top