Product Manager - Commercial
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving sales and market share growth for assigned Commercial SBU product lines. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market opportunities and from this analysis, deliver a strategic plan to gain market share and enter new markets. This strategic plan will include comprehensive product line strategies, including those related to life cycle management, new product development, integrated marketing strategy, product quality, merchandising and promotional programs. The selected candidate is expected to be creative, proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment, possess strong self-initiative and the ability to influence others to deliver results. Strong leadership, interpersonal and project management skills are essential to drive execution across various stakeholder groups.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of competitive market share, positioning, pricing and programs.
- Work with the field sales team and distribution channel to drive product line sales growth
- Develop customer training materials including but not limited to: technical documents, presentations, videos and tutorials in accordance with Rain Bird marketing requirements
- Develop and drive market strategies to grow sales and market share of existing and new product lines in both established and new markets
- Champion a “quality first” orientation and lead cross-functional efforts to maintain and improve on industry-leading quality for assigned product lines
- Lead, plan, and implement new product development based on customer insights and using established best practices for stage gate process to meet revenue, margin, investment, and schedule objectives
- Identify and execute product cost reduction opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business
- 5+ years product management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch marketing programs using a formal gate process
- New product development experience with the proven ability to lead, influence and manage cross functional product development teams
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to demonstrated ability to get results
- Entrepreneurial – self-motivated, enthusiastic and creative
- Experience marketing and/or selling through distribution and contractor channels
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- A track record of success in all the listed areas of responsibility with examples
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Understanding of the Landscape Irrigation market
- International market development experience
- MBA degree with a marketing emphasis
- Multi-lingual and significant exposure to international markets
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top