Plant Quality Manager
Full operational responsibility for the Quality function of a high volume injection molding, extrusion, electronic or assembly Plant. Provide leadership to create a performance-driven organization and foster continuous improvement of all metrics.
- Provide leadership, direction to the quality team and be a driving force in reducing defects, scrap and customer returns.
- Continue to foster a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control, quality yields and reduce DPPMs.
- Lead and coordinate efforts in maintaining and improving product, systems and process quality to become a certified supplier for all customers.
- Provide training to the manufacturing organization in measurement methods and quality improvement techniques.
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing advanced quality principles.
- Oversee process capability studies, corrective action and material non-conformance systems.
- Monitor and report on key measurements associated with the operation.
- Work with customers to drive improvement in quality through a closed loop corrective action program
- Be enthusiastic, hard working, results oriented with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- Knowledge of world class manufacturing principles.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and implement changes.
- 5 years leadership experience as a quality engineer or quality manager in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing organization.
- Experience with inspection methods and statistical control techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Thorough understanding of statistical theory and application.
- Knowledge of SPC, spreadsheet, word-processing, and manufacturing-control software applications is required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- MBA or MS degree in a technical field
- ASQ certification
- Experience with People Soft (MRP, v. 8.9) software applications
- Experience with implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Experience in supplier management
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top