Plant Quality Manager
- Tucson, AZ
Full operational responsibility for the Quality function of a high volume injection molding, extrusion, electronic or assembly Plant. Provide leadership to create a performance-driven organization and foster continuous improvement of all metrics.
Who You Are:
You’re someone who enjoys collaborating and providing support to production, engineering, marketing, and sales to effectively address customer concerns, manufacturing problems, and other product support. You are highly motivated to demonstrate results and achieve excellence while being surrounded by others who inspire innovation through process improvement and cost reduction. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Provide leadership, direction to the quality team and be a driving force in reducing defects, scrap and customer returns.
- Continue to foster a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control, quality yields and reduce DPPMs.
- Lead and coordinate efforts in maintaining and improving product, systems and process quality to become a certified supplier for all customers.
- Provide training to the manufacturing organization in measurement methods and quality improvement techniques.
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing advanced quality principles.
- Oversee process capability studies, corrective action and material non-conformance systems.
- Monitor and report on key measurements associated with the operation.
- Work with customers to drive improvement in quality through a closed loop corrective action program
- Be enthusiastic, hard working, results oriented with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- Knowledge of world class manufacturing principles.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and implement changes.
- 5 years leadership experience as a quality engineer or quality manager in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing organization.
- Experience with inspection methods and statistical control techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Thorough understanding of statistical theory and application.
- Knowledge of SPC, spreadsheet, word-processing, and manufacturing-control software applications is required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- MBA or MS degree in a technical field
- ASQ certification
- Experience with People Soft (MRP, v. 8.9) software applications
- Experience with implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Experience in supplier management
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top