You’re someone who enjoys collaborating and providing support to production, engineering, marketing, and sales to effectively address customer concerns, manufacturing problems, and other product support. You are highly motivated to demonstrate results and achieve excellence while being surrounded by others who inspire innovation through process improvement and cost reduction. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Manage all aspects of manufacturing at Azusa Assembly Plant including: safety, quality, customer delivery, inventory, personnel staffing requirements, facilities and equipment.
- P&L responsibility for Azusa Assembly Plant
- Act as change agent to improve bottom line performance for Azusa Plant through lean/6Sigma manufacturing techniques including but not limited to: Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI), Hr by Hr, Standard Work, 5S, SMED, Root Cause Analysis, SPC, etc.
- Execute corporate and strategic plan goals including safety improvement, quality improvement, customer service level achievement, inventory accuracy and supply-chain flexibility,
- Lead continuous improvement projects for productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Coordinate resources to support NPD and Special Project teams.
- Work as a team player with other functional departments and plants within the organization.
- BS in engineering, operations, or business discipline.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical skills.
- Five years of experience in operations management, including demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Lean Manufacturing.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving excellent results.
- Previous P&L or budget responsibility.
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline.
- Previous experience as a Plant Manager.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Experience in a seasonal business.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing Modules.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top