National Sales Manager - Specifications
The National Sales Manager for Specification is responsible for leading and maximizing specification sales growth for Rain Bird. Geographical responsibility includes all U.S. Landscape irrigation markets and may also include selected overseas markets. your expertise will allow you to deliver sales growth through winning specification market share. Specification includes private specification written by landscape architects and/or irrigation consultants, and public agency projects and specifications. This position also grows sales Corporate Account relationships with builders, developers, other end customers. If you are a motivated self-starter who will looking for new challenges, then consider working at Rain Bird.
- Deliver sales growth through winning specification market share. Specification includes private specification written by landscape architects and/or irrigation consultants, and public agency projects and specifications.
- Drive sales growth through establishment of and regional implementation of Corporate Account relationships with builders, developers, other end customers.
- Align specification efforts to deliver established annual sales targets for Rain Bird Landscape irrigation. Collaborate with Contractor Account and Distribution sales management to define and execute regional sales strategies to deliver these results.
- Manage and improve systems to track specification share performance and use these metrics to target growth opportunity.
- Improve specification results among all customer groups, including landscape architects, irrigation consultants, public agencies, design/build contractors etc.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with individual specification customers. Find and implement ways to make Rain Bird easier to do business with for them. Ensure each staff member does the same.
- Build and manage the industry-leading specification sales force, addressing local market needs with the right functional positions and continually improving employee performance in all positions.
- Foster collaboration across geographic markets to improve specification results globally.
- Collaborate with SBU Marketing staff to improve specification results with current products by defining and executing programs to deliver these results.
- Collaborate with SBU Marketing staff to ensure improved specification results are factored into new product development work, and to ensure specifier acceptance for newly introduced products.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Eight or more years of combined experience in sales management or sales & marketing management with at least national level responsibility for a major organization
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly at all levels in the organization
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and detailed planning
- At least one of the desired qualifications
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Deep experience with wholesale distribution, business to business marketing, irrigation design and installation
- International sales/marketing management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager, #RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #SeniorSalesManager, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #NationalSalesDirector, #DistrictSalesmanager, #MarketManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #distributionchannel, #distributor, #specify, #specifications, #watermanager, #watermanagement, #marketingmanager, #design/build, #landscapearchitects, #publicagencies, #contractors, #irrigation
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top