National Sales Manager - Agriculture
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and driving our agricultural sales and market share growth in the United States. This results oriented individual will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to SBU Management. The successful candidate must be able to lead and motivate a sales team to meet or exceed Rain Bird’s growth expectations.
- Work with SBU personnel to coordinate, develop and execute sales strategies to achieve exceptional sales and market share growth
- Recruit, hire and develop industry leading sales staff
- Develop differentiated sales strategies, tactics, programs and promotions
- Create innovative and impactful strategies for new product launches, promotions and other customer related activities
- Work closely with the SBU Director, actively lead and participate in SBU Strategic Planning and regularly report performance and market conditions
- Set goals, priorities and direction for the US sales team and develop performance metrics that clearly distinguish incremental contributions
- Broaden Rain Bird’s influence across the US in all customer channels including dealers, growers and farm management organizations
- Support the SBU in the identification and implementation of new product initiatives and assist product management in determining customer needs
- Undergraduate degree and 10 or more years of experience in sales (key accounts and management)
- Minimum 5 years management experience with a proven ability to lead and motivate
- Must have demonstrated vision, detailed planning, and superior execution in prior positions
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate sales teams to exceptional performance
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and tactical execution
- Strong internal and external interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of work schedule
- Previous Ag experience and / or irrigation industry experience
- P&L responsibility
- MBA degree
The ideal candidate will embrace aggressive goal setting, possess a get-it-done attitude, creatively manage difficult business situations, and be very hard working.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#agriculture, #vpsales, #vicepresident, #director, #sales, #rainbird, #climateminder, #rainbirdjobs, #jobsatrainbird, #agriculturejobs, #horticulture, #irrigation, #directorofsales, #salesdirector, #agronomy, #waterconservation, #farming
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top