National Sales Manager
A leader in global irrigation and advocating for The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team.
As the National Sales Manager, you will lead the US sales effort for Rain Bird’s Contractor Account Managers (CAM’s) in the West and play a pivotal role to boldly grow sales. You will also have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be enthusiastic, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a dynamic environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy maintaining and building a successful field sales force that will deliver extraordinary results. You will work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, explain and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products. Be responsible for forecasting and providing input for the Landscape division on market information and market trends.
You will be required to drive the sales and marketing strategy of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly dynamic and challenging market.
- Strategic planning, plan implementation and setting direction for the CAM’s
- Responsibility for US sales of Landscape Irrigation Products in the West
- Setting goals, priorities and direction for the Contractor Account Managers
- Recruiting, hiring and developing staff
- Coordinating efforts with other National Sales Managers in order to get the best results
- Development of differentiated sales strategies, tactics, programs, and promotions
- Management of product launches, promotions, and other customer activities
- Management of budgets and expenses to meet or exceed profit targets
- Supporting the marketing team in the identification and implementation of new product initiatives
Who you are:
You will embrace aggressive goal setting, possess a get-it-done attitude, creatively handle difficult business situations, and be very hardworking.
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years’ experience in sales, including key account and sales team management
- Minimum 5 years management experience with a shown ability to lead and motivate
- You have demonstrated vision, detailed planning, and superior execution in prior positions
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and tactical execution
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of work schedule
- MBA degree
- Prior P&L, general management and/or marketing experience
- Experience developing and selling new products and product categories
- Experience with the landscape irrigation industry
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top