Multiplant Operations Executive
- San Diego, CA
Full operational and P&L responsibility of a high volume injection molding, extrusion, electronic or assembly Plant, including safety, quality, delivery, production, facilities and equipment, materials, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Provide leadership to create a performance-driven organization and foster continuous improvement of all operational metrics.
- Be a strategic thinker and have a proven track record of operational excellence.
- Have demonstrated record of achievement utilizing lean manufacturing techniques/tools.
- Have a good working knowledge and proven record of world class manufacturing practices.
- Be an experienced recruiter of and mentor to promotable employees.
- Foster creativity and innovation within the manufacturing team.
- Be enthusiastic, hard working, and have a can-do attitude.
- Understand the importance of strong communication with SBU counterparts.
- Excellent leadership skills – high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change and strong manufacturing competencies
- Ability to move into plant manager role quickly
- B.S. in engineering or business. MBA or MS a desirable
- At least five years of experience as a production manager or plant manager of a smaller plant
- Strong Lean manufacturing and six sigma tool-set a must. Ability to lead significant improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material velocity
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Experience in high volume, discrete manufacturing a strongly desirable
- Experience in injection molding, high speed automation, cellular manufacturing and/or extrusion highly desirable
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline.
- Previous multi-plant experience.
- Experience with manufacturing in Mexico.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top