Mechanical Engineering Group Manager
Ensambles Hyson is a private company founded in 1989, which manufactures products for a global industry leader.
At Ensambles Hyson, we not only develop great products, we also develop great people! We look for high-caliber, high-potential employees who are looking for the chance to grow and make a difference on the job and in the world around us.
This position is responsible for leadership and management of a group of engineers focused on product sustaining and project management. The position is based in Tijuana, Mexico and might require some travel to other plants including USA and China. The position will lead and participate in projects, hire and supervise engineers and technical staff as well as assign personnel to achieve company objectives.
- Manage and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Support the SBU and Plant initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership for a group of Product Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant Quality improvement projects through implementation of product evaluation and redesign.
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant Cost Reduction projects achieved through reduced labor content, implementation of product evaluation and redesign.
- 7+ years of engineering experience in a low cost, high volume, low defect manufacturing environment
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline (preference: Mechanical Engineering)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results.
- Project management - demonstrated ability to plan and drive projects to completion.
- Have the ability to provide effective leadership (technical and otherwise), motivate individuals to high levels of performance and accomplishment, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Experienced to effectively source, interview and select engineering candidates.
- Excellent theoretical and demonstrated knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts.
- Well organized, enthusiastic, high energy and strong work ethic.
- High attention to detail and good delegating skills.
- Knowledge of QFD, SPC, FMEA, DOE, and process capability studies.
- Fluency in English.
- MBA and/or Masters degree in an engineering discipline
- Able to drive decisions based on statistical principles.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE engineering tools (Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc)
- Product design experience.
- Value Added-Value Engineering methodology
- Creative, able to think "out of the box"
- Have the ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications
- Knowledge of injection molded plastic component design, plastics processing, and mold tool design
- Competency and experience in developing low cost, high volume, high quality products.
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications.
- Experience in managing large projects, identifying critical paths, and achieving both technical and schedule milestones.
- Ability to effectively lead and facilitate teams to achieve results
- Experience with Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, Lean, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, and process capability studies.
- Experience in plastic injection molding, spring manufacturing, ultrasonic or spin welding of plastics, and automatic assembly equipment.
- Experience with CAE applications such as Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Experience with irrigation products/industry.
- Knowledge/experience in plastic materials and plastic material selection
- Working knowledge of injection molded plastic component design and understanding of plastics processing and mold tool design.
- Management experience with a history of increasing levels of responsibility.
Back to top