Full operational responsibility for the materials function. Provide leadership to create a performance-driven organization and foster continuous improvement of all metrics.
The successful candidate will:
- Successfully manage all aspects of purchasing, production planning, scheduling, warehousing, inventory, shipping, customer service, invoicing, and month-end materials reporting.
- Execute corporate and strategic plans to meet goals, including supplier consolidation, supplier and part certification, physical inventory elimination, on-time delivery performance, and inventory turns.
- Directly interface with customers and proactively manage suppliers to avoid delivery and quality issues.
- Develop improved planning, inventory and purchasing systems and practices.
- Provide leadership to buyer/planners and warehouse personnel.
- Have demonstrated record of achievement.
- Have a good working knowledge of and proven record with world class manufacturing practices.
- Foster creativity and innovation within the materials team.
- Be enthusiastic, hard working and have a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in operations management, engineering, mathematics or business.
- 7+ years materials experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, proven in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- A proven track record of cost savings, inventory turns improvement, and implementation of advanced purchasing/planning approaches (including JIT, KanBan, Vendor Managed Inventory and Lean Manufacturing).
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word-processing, and manufacturing-control software applications is required.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish).
- MBA or other graduate business degree
- Specialized in materials management / supply chain management
- Experience in manufacturing/operations management
- Experience with People Soft (MRP) software applications
- APICS certification.
- Experience with manufacturing in Mexico.
Rain Bird is an Qual Opportunity Employer