Product Manager - Consumer Products
Rain Bird is seeking an enthusiastic and success-driven Product Manager- Consumer Products. The successful candidate will have profit and loss responsibility for assigned consumer product categories. This individual will generate profitable growth by planning and implementing comprehensive product line strategies, including those related to life cycle management, new product development, integrated marketing strategy, product quality, retail merchandising and promotional programs.
- Lead, plan, and implement new product development based on consumer insights and using established best practices for stage gate process to meet revenue, margin, investment, and schedule objectives.
- Perform market and competitive analyses to identify market opportunities, support decision making, and determine customer product mix recommendations.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute promotional off-shelf merchandising programs
- Take a leadership role in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Identify and execute product cost reduction opportunities.
- Plan and conduct market research and competitive intelligence.
- Implement in-store merchandising initiatives.
- Develop new and/or updated packaging, literature and merchandising as well as other consumer oriented marketing tools.
- Understand and track market share trends for assigned product categories.
- Train sales team members and customers.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or other relevant areas required
- 5 years experience in consumer goods marketing, including product and/or brand development
- Track record of successful new product launches
- Proven ability to lead, influence and manage cross functional product development teams
- Strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- MBA degree.
- Product/Brand management experience.
- Knowledge of ”Big Box” Retail channels of distribution.
- Experience working with and/or developing overseas third party manufacturing/sourcing
OTHER INFORMATION: The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, driven to succeed in a fast paced environment, and prepared for upward mobility.
#RainBirdJobs,#RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager,#RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #MarketetingManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2C, home depot, retail, #bigbox, #retail, lowes, #productmanager, #stagegate, #productmarketing, #newproductdevelopment, #marketing, #phasegate
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top