Marketing Manager - International
The International Marketing Manager will quickly understand and group the customer needs for the different types of international markets, while developing/executing plans to meet the needs of these markets. These plans will include the development of pricing, promotion, literature and product strategies that meet the needs of the international markets. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Rain Bird’s international markets, an aptitude to develop marketing/merchandising materials, understanding of irrigation products and demonstrate creativity in their ability to solve problems. The selected candidate will be proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to generate sales through promotions and marketing.
- Lead the Contractor SBU’s international marketing strategies, with specific focus on international product line planning, new product development, promotional activities and pricing strategies. The selected candidate will be a key member of the SBU strategic planning process.
- Development and implementation of International market plans, in coordination with the international sales organization.
- Development of competitive, customer and end-user market expertise that will help lead marketing, sales and product efforts for the SBU.
- Drive international marketing strategy, including the creation of clear, focused and compelling messages to targeted customers.
- Work closely with field sales on local programs that deliver pull through sales of Rain Bird products and increases market share.
- Champion and lead New Product Development that will drive sales and share gain in international markets.
- Research, develop and deliver compelling marketing materials, value propositions and promotions to international field sales to help them maximize sales and market share growth.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 8 to 10 years of experience in leading a Sales and/or Marketing organization.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and driving marketing strategies derived from a qualitative/analytical analysis of markets.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to generate results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.mba
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- International business relations experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial – Self-motivated, team player, enthusiastic and creative.
- Highly creative individual who sees problems as an opportunity to try something new.
- MBA with an emphasis in marketing is highly desirable.
- An understanding of the landscape irrigation market.
- Experience working outside of the United States
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity.
Back to top