Marketing Manager - China
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grows productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Marketing Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and driving marketing activities in greater China. This individual will generate profitable growth by planning and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies, implementing product marketing campaigns, managing the pricing strategy and identifying new product opportunities. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the strategic planning process.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong Marketing product management skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze, recommend and implement strategies to launch and grow your product base. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the marketing challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Management and development of channel strategies, including the identification and creation of clear, focused and compelling messages to targeted customer segments;
- Development of metrics to track and analyze marketing effectiveness for each customer segment;
- Plan, coordinate and implement the development of localized marketing and sales tools;
- Coordinate promotional programs, trade shows, training events, channel pricing strategies, market research and marketing communications;
- Maintain and keep current the technical data and marketing support materials library, including sales brochures, sales presentations, training materials, website content, etc.;
- Be the Voice of the China Customer in the development of new products and in identifying new business opportunities;
- Support additional business activities as assigned. (e.g., assist in P&L management, competitive analysis, sales reporting, assist with operations)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business;
- MBA or equivalent;
- Five or more years of experience in channel based field sales;
- Seven plus years of marketing experience in a business to business environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch commercial marketing programs;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Proven ability to influence and manage internal and external cross functional teams;
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel data analysis skills;
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic & tactical thinking, and detailed planning;
- At least two of the “desired qualifications”.
- Experience managing wholesale distribution channels or irrigation design and installation;
- New business development experience;
- General management experience;
- International business experience.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top