Marketing Group Manager
- Tucson, AZ
The Marketing Group Manager will lead the global marketing, quality, new product development and channel strategies for a specific portion of the Contractor Marketing Department. This will include the development of pricing, promotion, literature and product strategies that meet the needs of the global markets. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of how to get things done at Rain Bird, an aptitude to develop marketing/merchandising materials, understanding of irrigation products and demonstrate creativity in their ability to solve problems. The selected candidate will be proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to generate sales through promotions and marketing.
- Product line planning and execution, including pricing strategies. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the SBU strategic planning process;
- Management and development of domestic as well as international channel strategies and cross-SBU relationships;
- Management and improvement of product quality, in conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing organizations;
- Development and execution of global market development strategies to grow sales and market share.
- Drive global marketing strategy, including the creation of clear, focused and compelling messages to targeted customers.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the development of key marketing and sales tools; Coordinate promotional programs, market research and marketing communications.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 8 to 10 years of experience in leading a Sales and/or Marketing organization.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and driving marketing strategies derived from a qualitative/analytical analysis of markets.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to generate results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- International business relations experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial – Self-motivated, team player, enthusiastic and creative.
- Direct report management experience
- Highly creative individual who sees problems as an opportunity to try something new.
- An understanding of the landscape irrigation market.
- Experience working outside of the United States
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top