Marketing and Product Development Executive
- Tucson, AZ
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grows productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Marketing and Product Development Executive (Marketing Manager) to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth.
Combine your drive, energy, proven marketing skills and achievements to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation. You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, a proactive, customer-oriented personality that is driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You are self-motivated and your work history shows you work effectively at various corporate levels.
You are the global marketing leader and subject matter expert (SME) within the business unit with responsibility for marketing, product development and sustaining activities including:
- Marketplace knowledge. Provide strong collaborative leadership developing innovative products and programs that are superior to the competition.
- Key member of the business unit management team involved in the strategic planning process with primary focus on channel marketing and product planning.
- Manage the coordination of sales training and promotional activities to enhance our market position.
- Responsibility for all related sales and marketing budgets and programs.
- Partner with engineering, manufacturing and sales to continually improve product quality and enhance the Rain Bird brand image.
- Key member of the Corporate Marketing Committee representing Rain Bird’s product offering and the promotion of the Intelligent Use of Water.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong Marketing product management skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze, recommend and implement strategies to launch and grow your product base. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the marketing challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Manage Product portfolio in order to improve brand image and to increase market share sales and profitability
- Drive Product Development projects, share and support Global SBU direction
- Support sales team to develop customer relationship and business
- Support markets to develop business across region
- Support forecast accuracy in order to improve service level and reduce cost of stocks
- New Product Introduction:
- Deliver NPI according to Business Plan, on, time and on cost
- Marketing Plan:
- Define Product mix (price and quantity, margin and growth)
- Forecast accordingly and follow up results
- Analyze, follow-up the market and competitors (price lists, catalogues, etc.)
- Analyze results obtained and correct the Marketing plan according to them, propose corrective actions in order to reach objectives
- New product introduction planning
- Strategic planning for Marketing activities
- Define and manage the marketing budget
- Support Promotional Trade activities planning:
- Support the team to build and implement local promotional activities in line with European objectives and strategy (product, displays, literature)
- Follow up and potential corrective actions
- Inform and support key account managers, sales force and overall meetings, sales force conference, training …)
- Responsible for the Marketing team’s support for all support material
- Team management:
- Lead the marketing team, with focus on their development and with a continuous drive for excellence
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or business and an advanced degree
- An MBA or other advanced degree or equivalent experience
- Ten or more years of experience in marketing management and sales related activities
- A person with proven, excellent communication and people management skills
- A high-energy individual with eagerness to learn and excel
- Demonstrated product development and launch experience
- General management skills with the proven ability to lead a business unit
- Knowledge of the irrigation industry, Rain Bird competitors or related industries
- Familiarity with the retail channel and retail customers
- Previous P&L management experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #rainbirdjobs, #careersatrainbird, #Marketingproductmanager, #marketingManager, #productmanager, #productlifecyclemanagement, #marketingengineer, #gotomarket, #stagegate, #phasegate, #intelligentuseofwater, #innovation, #ICcloud, #technology, #productplannin, #p&l, #profit&loss, #channelmarketing, #quality, #PGMP, #PMP, #LEED, #irrigation, #strategicplanning, #strategy, #market
Back to top