- Tucson, AZ
Responsible for production operations for all aspects of Manufacturing Facility. The plant produces a wide variety of irrigation systems. Position is responsible for fostering a performance-driven and continuous-improvement environment for production operations and has accountability for the safety, quality, delivery, and productivity performance of the group.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strategic thinker and have a proven track record of operational excellence, including utilization of lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Have a good working knowledge of proven, world-class manufacturing practices.
- Design and implement plans to improve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity and reduce the cost of the operation.
- Supervise, develop, and coach production supervisors, ensuring that they contribute to company objectives.
- Foster creativity and innovation within the manufacturing team.
- Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in both English and Spanish languages.
- Be an experienced recruiter of and mentor to promotable employees.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of direct employees, including headcount planning and performance management.
- Schedule and oversee production; coordinate with internal and external contacts to ensure fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Involve production, maintenance, quality, engineering, and materials personnel in a team approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the expansion of automation projects.
- Be enthusiastic, hard working, and have a can-do attitude.
- Successfully manage all aspects of molding production areas, tool room, personnel requirements, safety programs, production standards, delivery and quality objectives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and technical skills, particularly with respect to a manufacturing environment.
- B.S. in a technical or business discipline.
- At least ten years experience in a production or manufacturing engineering role, including at least five years of Manufacturing and Plant Management experience.
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma tools.
- Experience with manufacturing in Mexico.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results.
- Previous P&L responsibilities.
- 7-10 years of injection molding experience
- Previous experience as Plant Manager or General Manager
- Experience with automated manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in supply chain management, logistics, or quality.
- MBA or other graduate business degree.
- Specialized in injection molding operations management / manufacturing management.
- Experience in high volume production injection molding with frequent tooling changeovers.
- Prior Plant Management and budget responsibility.
- Six Sigma Certification
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top