Landscape Area Sales Manager – East China
The Area Manager will be responsible for developing and growing the use of Rain Bird products in the assigned territory as well as building and maintaining relationships with all key market influencers. The successful candidate will be technically competent, results-oriented, experienced in the Irrigation Industry, outdoor power tools for landscape or related industries that involve close relationships with contractors, distributors, design institutes and construction companies.
The Area Manager will evaluate and improve existing distributor capabilities to grow sales and market share of Rain Bird irrigation products. The successful candidate will also identify and develop new distributors to improve market penetration and customer support. The candidate will spend the majority of their time traveling in the market to develop business and support customer needs on-site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving desired sales results for landscape irrigation in China. The candidate will work closely with their colleagues to manage and support projects that cross defined territorial boundaries. Other specific duties are as follows:
- Achieve sales and market share goals for East China, including Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Anhui provinces;
- Strengthen the distribution network by improving existing distributors and adding new distributors;
- Develop and implement annual sales plans to grow market share;
- Convert business through on-site sales calls to new customer;
- Identify project opportunities and influence use of Rain Bird irrigation products;
- Conduct product sales training, education and demonstrations for Rain Bird’s products;
- Maintain contact and enhance relationships with major territorial accounts;
- Collect and report policy direction from industry associations and government entities;
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans, etc.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Management;
- 7-10 years successful sales experience in Irrigation or similar industry;
- Good skill on written English;
- Ability to work in a team and deliver required results;
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision making capability;
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Willing to live in assigned territory while traveling extensively;
- Willing to seek new opportunities and learn continuously to upgrade skills.
- MBA Degree;
- Irrigation sales experience;
- Desire to grow in the organization to a managerial position;
- Excellent verbal communications skills in English and Mandarin;
- Good presentation skills and public speaking;
- Analytical skills in market data and competitive activities.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top