Landscape Area Sales Manager
- Shanghai, China
The position will be responsible for developing and growing sales for Rain Bird products in the assigned territory as well as building and maintaining relationships with key market influencers. The successful candidate will be technically competent, results-oriented, experienced in the Irrigation Industry and/or outdoor power tools for landscape or related industries that involve close relationships with contractors, distributors, design institutes and construction companies.
The position will evaluate and improve existing distributor capabilities to grow sales and market share of Rain Bird irrigation products. The successful candidate will also identify and develop new distributors to improve market penetration and customer support. The candidate will spend the majority of his/her time traveling in the market to develop business and support customer needs on-site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the desired sales results for landscape irrigation in China. The candidate will work closely with his/her colleagues to manage and support projects that cross defined territorial boundaries.
- Achieve sales and market share goals of his/her territory, including Guangdong, Guang xi, Hainan, Fujian, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- Strengthen the distribution network by improving existing distributors and adding new distributors;
- Develop and implement annual sales plans to grow market share;
- Convert business through on-site sales calls to new customer;
- Identify project opportunities and influence use of Rain Bird irrigation products;
- Conduct product sales training, education and demonstrations for Rain Bird’s products;
- Maintain contact and enhance relationships with major territorial accounts;
- Collect and report policy direction from industry associations and government entities;
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans, etc.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Management;
- 7-10 years successful sales experience in irrigation or similar industry;
- Project sales and management experience;
- Excellent verbal communications skills in English and Mandarin
- Ability to work in a team and deliver outstanding results;
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision-making capability;
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Willing to live in assigned territory while traveling extensively;
- Irrigation sales experience;
- MBA degree will be a plus;
- Cantonese language will be a plus;
- Good presentation skills and public speaking;
- Analytical skills in market data and competitive activities.
- AutoCAD skill is a plus.
Back to top