International Sales Manager - Business Broadening
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
You will be responsible for growing Rain Bird International sales, globally. You will be focused on broadening the business by offering our customers complete solutions, including associated products (Allied Products) that are critical for our customers to build integrated irrigation systems. You will collaborate with International Managers and various Rain Bird Business Units to find, qualify, add/integrate and launch new product lines, enabling Rain Bird International to provide our customers with complete solutions.
In this job you will:
- Understand customer needs and broaden the scope of Rain Bird International’s offerings
- Influence and drive sales growth of systems – lead global initiatives, develop and successfully execute Rain Bird International sales plan
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, ensure the best responsiveness to customer needs
- Negotiate and finalize sales and/or private-label agreements with current and future suppliers
- Work with customers and suppliers to ensure customer expectations and Rain Bird International quality standards are met
- Build excellent relationships in all major international markets, both internally and externally
- Train Rain Bird International sales force and distribution on new product offerings
- Set up distribution worldwide to ensure customer support and growth of system sales
- Improve our effectiveness with distribution, specification, contractor and end-customers
- Collaborate with Rain Bird marketing groups to develop innovative marketing programs and launch plans to grow sales
- Work closely and collaboratively with Rain Bird International Managers
- Work within Rain Bird and with suppliers to ensure excellent delivery to our international customer
Who you are:
- 15+ years of irrigation sales experience (mandatory requirement)
- BA or BS degree in business or a technical discipline
- International sales experience
- Good career progression and supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and good working knowledge of commonly used business software
- Ability to achieve results individually and through team leadership
- An aptitude for quantitative analysis and critical thinking
- Willingness to travel for business (50%+)
- Past experience in general management and full P&L responsibility
- An advanced degree (preferably, in international business)
- Experience in system sales
- Fluency in foreign language(s)
- Experience in project financing
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top