Human Resources Director
- Tucson, AZ
A leader in global irrigation and water conservation, we have a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global HR team. As a member of this highly effective group of HR Managers, your leadership will ensure that the organization's talent remains a key competitive advantage. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business and HR team.
How You Make A Difference
- You effectively deliver a broad range of HR services to the organization, from supporting the compensation and benefits process to assisting in recruiting. You are a trusted business partner who is relied upon to support the execution of the organization's business goals.
- You enable our right to operate by ensuring compliance with local labor laws.
- You establish an open and trusting environment with all employees, making yourself available to hear their concerns and help drive resolution by recommending creative and innovative solutions.
- You prioritize employee safety by engaging with our leadership, supervisors and third parties on safety training and programs.
- You mentor and coach supervisors and managers on the consistent and fair application of HR policies and practices, directing them to available tools and resources to become more self-sufficient.
- You help us optimize the contributions of our talent by facilitating the performance management process, including performance reviews, employee and leadership development and corrective action. You also take a lead role in designing and conducting training for employees at all levels and across a wide array of topics, so that we can continue to learn and improve as an organization.
- You make an important contribution to the retention of our talent, by assessing morale and leadership effectiveness, participating in recognition and community building, and enabling employees to be the best they can be.
- You challenge those around you to be better, offering insight and improvements to HR and business processes. You see opportunity and take accountability for delivering results.
- Development, implementation, and administration of policies and programs including, but not limited to, organization and employee development, recruitment and selection, wage and salary management, orientation, training and development, records management, employee relations, safety and health, and benefits administration at multiple company locations, including internationally
- Facilitating the employee performance management process, including but not limited to performance reviews, employee development and corrective action
- Developing and implementing HR actions that support the Strategic Business Unit and Operations strategic plans to enhance the company’s competitiveness
- Extensive knowledge of local labor laws and ensuring we are compliant
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and organization ability to effectively develop solutions to employee concerns
- Partnering with operations, Safety/Loss Prevention and outside consultants to support a safe working environment
- Supporting annual HR projects including: compensation and benefits processes; work environment survey; designing and conducting leadership, managerial and employee training programs
- Identify and develop creative solutions to improve morale, leadership skills, and organizational effectiveness
- Participating in recognition, morale building and community involvement activities when appropriate
- Experience working with temporary /contract work force in a manufacturing environment
Who You Are
You want to own your development and path. You desire to have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are highly motived to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. A job title is not considered the final definition of who you are but the starting point. You enjoy a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You have the ability and enjoy working at all levels in the organization and flex easily between strategic, tactical and transactional efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of generalist human resources experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Travel to other locations, including internationally, approximately 20% of the time
- Bilingual English-Spanish speaker
- Master’s degree in related field from an accredited graduate program
- Experience working with multi-national companies that have a manufacturing emphasis
- 12-15 years generalist human resources plus compensation/benefits experience including ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA or other specialty knowledge
- Certification in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR)
- Experience with HRIS systems like Ultipro, Total HR, PeopleSoft
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
aining, #leadership, #OrganizationalDesign, #organizationaldevelopment, #ProcessImprovement, #TransformationalChange, #GlobalCollaborator, #CultureDevelopment, #Financialacumen, #BusinessAcumen, #TotalRewardsProgramManagement, #StrategicGlobalHRPartnerships, #WorkforcePlanning, #recruiment, #TalentAttraction, #talentmanagement, #SHRM, #RegulatoryCompliance, #Employeerelations, #LaborRelations, #SystemsIntegration, #LearningStrategy, #LeadershipDevelopment, #changemanagement
Back to top