Golf Specification Manager - Canada
The Golf Specification & Project Manager is responsible for establishing and managing relationships with golf course owners and influencers (architects, consultants, contractors) to promote the specification and sale of Rain Bird Golf products. He/she will also be responsible for effectively working at various customer levels to educate and promote the Rain Bird solutions on new and renovation projects.
The Golf Specification & Project Manager works at management and ownership levels with golf courses and golf specifiers to outline Rain Bird’s complete capabilities to decision makers. He/she is a “solution-based” representative, capable of analyzing irrigation system needs, Rain Bird products and technical support solutions for golf course owners, consultants, consultants, contractors, developers, and superintendents.
- Establish strong relationships with key influencing organization within Canada.
- Educate golf courses owners and influencers on Rain Bird Golf products, their application and key benefits
- Provide a single point of contact for all Canadian specifiers
- Maintain the influencer database (profiles, project history, current and on-going opportunities)
- Identify, develop, and implement methods and tools to increase Rain Bird’s value for all influencers
- Participate in fly-ins, trade shows, events and regional sales meetings
- Coordinate sales leads and training efforts with other Rain Bird Sales Managers and Distributor sales organizations.
- Serves as the “voice of the customer” for the internal Rain Bird teams to ensure that product plans and sales programs address influencers and end customer needs.
- Lead the project sales effort while working closely with golf distribution for Canadian golf course construction and renovation projects
- BA or BS degree
- 7 to 10 years successful sales experience
- Proven ability to network within groups of influencers
- Excellent ability in English and French (written / spoken)
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Experienced in selling projects involving different stakeholders
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willing to travel extensively
- MBA Degree
- Working knowledge of golf irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application
- Sales and/or Technical experience with golf pump stations
- Project Management experience with focus on quality control and adherence to schedules.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top