Golf Senior Sales Specialist
Provide sales and service support for specialized accounts such as contractors and golf courses. Call on assigned customers and prospective customers. Sell customers on using/buying Rain Bird Golf products. Educate customers on applications and benefits of Rain Bird products. Provide follow-up through inside support people to ensure that sales are delivered in a timely manner and that the customer’s product and value added marketing needs are met.
The Golf Senior Sales Specialist is responsible for profitably growing product and service sales for use in golf industry applications. This role will work effectively at various customer levels to educate, justify and successfully sell customized irrigation systems to new and existing golf courses.
The Golf Senior Sales Specialist works with the RBI-S District Sales Manager to call on senior management and ownership within a golf course and outline Rain Bird’s complete capabilities to decision makers. Sales specialists are “solution based” sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation system designs, Rain Bird products, finance options and after-sales technical support packages to golf course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers and superintendents. Sales specialists work independently within a geographic territory and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. A successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated and ideally will have experience with irrigation design.
This position also requires close coordination and contact with all service providers in the identification and support of customer service needs.
- 5-10 years successful sales or territory sales management experience
- BA or BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to achieve results independently and with/through others
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to live in the assigned territory (20-30% travel)
- Industrial technical/engineering sales experience
- MBA degree
- Strong desire to advance into Product Management / Sales Management
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair and product application
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top