Golf Product Manager
- Tucson, AZ
The Golf Product Manager will be responsible for driving sales and market share growth for the assigned Golf product category. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market opportunities and from this analysis deliver a comprehensive strategic plan to gain market share. This strategic plan will include comprehensive product roadmaps, localized, national and global promotional plans, marketing collateral development and new product launches. The selected candidate is expected to be creative, proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment, possess strong self-initiative and the ability to influence others to deliver results. Strong leadership, interpersonal and project management skills are essential to drive execution across various stakeholder groups. The top candidate will also have strong potential for future management role assignments.
- Develop and drive market strategies to grow sales and market share of existing product lines in both established and new markets.
- Develop in-depth global knowledge of competitive share, positioning and pricing programs.
- Develop long-range product line strategies that achieve substantial growth and profitability through existing products and new product introductions.
- Lead new product development teams to deliver the highest quality products to market, achieving schedule, investment, revenue and margin targets.
- Champion a “quality first” orientation and lead cross-functional efforts to maintain and improve on industry-leading quality for assigned product lines.
- Coordinating with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure product quality and lead quality and manufacturing improvement projects
- Research business intelligence on competitors, customers and market trends develop positioning, pricing and growth strategies for new product initiatives.
- The position will involve overnight travel for around 25% of time as part of the responsibilities
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience in a manufacturing company, preferably electronics or related fields.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in business, marketing or engineering.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to get results.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, leadership and presentation skills.
- Experience marketing and/or selling through distribution and contractor channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the Golf Irrigation market.
- Project management experience and a track record of success with new product development.
- International market development experience.
- MBA degree with a marketing emphasis is highly desirable.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top