Golf Field Service Engineer
This person will be responsible for providing technical on-site service and support for Rain Bird Golf customers globally. Must be familiar with a variety of irrigation engineering concepts, practices and procedures.
- Communicate with both customers and technicians over the telephone, responding promptly and effectively while processing customer support information.
- Coordinate with engineering and service departments to develop and ensure that service performance and quality specifications are met.
- Provide on-site warranty with mechanical and electrical support as required to troubleshoot and repair irrigation components, including central control systems, valves, rotors, controllers, flow sensors, pumps, and other products sold by Rain Bird.
- Prepare and conduct customer product technical, troubleshooting, and system operation instructions on-site.
- Requires extensive travel, including overnight out-of-state and out-of-country travel in order to meet service requirements at customer sites.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide field information to engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing.
- Tracking, reporting, and follow-up on all product and technical issues.
- S. or B.A. Degree, preferably in Engineering, Turfgrass Management, Agronomy or other fields related to irrigation or water management, or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer, communication, and interpersonal skills and a solid understanding of basic business principles.
- Extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to golf irrigation systems, including installation and maintenance of such systems.
- The candidate should be self-directed and have the ability to work without immediate supervision.
- Irrigation, golf course service, and golf central control programming experience.
- Fluency in foreign language(s).
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top