Golf Area Sales Manager - Mexico
The Golf Area Sales Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for Rain Bird Golf Solutions in Mexico.
Responsibilities include the development & implementation of strategic sales planning, sales calls and business development and growth of sales and market share.
He or she is responsible for establishing and managing relationship with golf course owners, green committees, superintendents and influencers (architects, consultants, distributors and contractors). He or she is “solution-based” driven, capable of educating, promoting and selling the Rain Bird solutions on new and renovation projects.
- Design and implement growth strategy for Golf in the assigned territory.
- Deliver ambitious sales results in Golf Irrigation and / or Equipment sales.
- Manage and develop business partners in the area for which she/he is responsible.
- Open and develop distributors in his/her territory, if needed.
- Recommend and implement differentiating sales strategies, programs and promotions.
- Visit golf courses regularly for sales and specification purposes and to identify future business opportunities.
- Lead the project sales efforts and leverage all necessary resources across Rain Bird International.
- Organize the project follow-up of new built or renovation projects.
- Organize and take part in regional meetings and trainings with greenkeeepers, architects, contractors and others to build intimate relationships between Rain Bird and customers.
- Participate and develop strategic industry events, fly-ins, tradeshows and regional events.
- Update the company database of customers and influencers.
- Track, monitor and report regularly sales progress and do scheduled reporting.
- Actively participate in the business tactical planning.
- Work closely with the Landscape team active in his/her territory.
- Collaborate as needed with Service team, other Golf Irrigation and Equipment Area Managers, Golf Specification Managers and Regional Sales Manager to achieve sales objectives and actions in the territory for which she/he is responsible.
- BA or BS degree
- Seven or more years of experience in industrial / technical products sales (sales through projects and through distribution channels).
- Golf industry experience.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written / verbal).
- Proven track record and demonstrated progression of responsibilities including management experience.
- Experience in selling projects involving different stakeholders. Proven ability to network with group of influencers.
- Strategic thinking and tactical execution with aptitude for quantitative analysis.
- Self-motivated, ability to achieve results individually and through others.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- This position requires intensive traveling of about 50% of the person’s time in Mexico.
- MBA degree.
- Irrigation market experience.
- Golf maintenance equipment experience
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top