Golf Area Sales Manager
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team as our Golf Area Sales Manager in Germany.
You will be responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for their territory, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands.
You will act as the voice of their customers to Rain Bird Europe management and take an active role in the tactical actions needed to reach corporate objectives.
The European Golf sales team is comprised of “solution-based” sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation system designs, Rain Bird products and financing options to course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers, architects and superintendents.
In this role you will:
- Deliver ambitious sales results in both products and services.
- Manage and develop business partners in your assigned territory
- Recommend and implement differentiating sales strategies, programs and promotions.
- Organize the project follow-up of new built or renovation projects
- Open and develop distributors in your territory
- Work in collaboration with the Golf Sales Specialists active in their assigned territory, and monitor their activity
- Organize and take part in regional meetings and trainings with greenkeepers, architects, contractors and others to build close relationships between Rain Bird and customers.
- Visit golf courses regularly for sales and specification purposes and to identify future business opportunities.
- Update the company database of customers.
- Track and monitor sales progress and make recommendations, as needed
- Actively participate in the business tactical planning
- Work closely with Service team, other Golf Area Managers, Europe Specification Manager and Europe Golf Sales Manager to achieve sales objectives and actions in the regions for which you are responsible
This position requires intensive traveling of about 50% of your time
Who you are:
- German language native speaker and fluent in English (written / verbal)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in industrial / technical products sales (sales through projects, and through distribution channels)
- Proven record and shown progression of responsibilities
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (Word, Excel etc.)
- MBA or graduate degree
- Experience in irrigation or golf industry
- Experience in opening and developing distribution in the region.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top