Golf Area Manager – Japan
The Golf Area Manager will be responsible for representing Rain Bird International, Inc. in Japan. Responsibilities include ensuring sales growth through local distribution, product promotion, and market research and development in the Golf industry. The Area Manager will work independently within Japan and must be willing to travel extensively within Japan. The successful candidate must be technically competent, a sound presenter in Japanese and English language, results-oriented (with a job history of delivering results), highly self-motivated and ideally will have golf industry experience in Japan.
- Calling on current and potential distributors, to build and maintain relationships with distributors.
- Educate distributor personnel on Rain Bird golf products and purchasing promotions.
- Identify and meet with key market stakeholders, such as: investors, developers, golf course management companies, distributors, contractors, golf course architects/designers, golf course superintendents, , specifiers and consultants. Provide support to these golf customers by developing a thorough understanding of their businesses and the industry, identifying their needs and identifying Rain Bird products, services or systems that meet those needs.
- Advertising and product promotion.
- Evaluate local market and provide recommendations on pricing promotions, product introductions, and provide strategic planning recommendations for the market.
- 8 years successful specification and/or sales experience
- BA or BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Japanese and English.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Bilingual- English and Japanese
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Knowledge of the Japanese golf course market and familiar with key contacts.
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application.
- Irrigation industry experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#expatjobs, #japan, #jobsinjapan, #golfcourse, #golfsuperintendant, #japanese, #japangolfcourses, #golfinginjapan, #irrigationjobs, #irrigation, #distributors
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top