Golf Area Manager - India
The Area Manager will be responsible for Golf product and service sales growth in the India and subcontinent region. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic plan, distribution management and business development, and the growth of sales and market share. Area Managers work independently within a geographic territory, and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. The successful candidate must be willing to travel extensively, and must be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will have golf industry experience.
- Growing Golf product sales ahead of the market,
- Developing and Managing Distribution in multiple territories,
- Growing the brand and market presence,
- Growing service revenue,
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, and
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Key Decision Makers, Influencers and Specifiers,
- Travel extensively throughout the territory.
The successful candidate must have a “hands-on” approach to management, must be a highly motivated individual, and a self-starter who thrives on challenges. The successful candidate will also provide support to golf customers by developing a thorough understanding of their businesses and the industry, identify their needs and identify Rain Bird products, services or systems that meet those needs. Customers include investors, developers, distributors, contractors, golf course architects, specifiers and consultants.
High level Golf industry experience will be a major advantage. The successful candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships, and should have a proven track record of delivering results.
- BA or BS degree or similar qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with independent decision making capabilities,
- Willingness to work independently from a home based office.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willing to live in, or within close proximity to assigned territory while traveling extensively
- Desire to grow in the organization and willing to accept challenges.
- 10 years successful specification and sales in irrigation, or in the golf industry.
- Knowledge of golf course industry and familiarity with key influencers in the region.
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application.
- Experience in working within a multinational organization.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top