Golf Area Manager - Central Europe
The Area Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for their territory, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Netherlands. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls and business development and growth of sales and market share.
He or she will act as the voice of their customers to Rain Bird Europe management and take an active role in the tactical actions needed to reach corporate objectives.
The European Golf sales team is comprised of “solution-based” sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation system designs, Rain Bird products and financing options to course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers, architects and superintendents.
- Deliver ambitious sales results in both products and services.
- Manage and develop business partners in the area for which she/he is responsible.
- Recommend and implement differentiating sales strategies, programs and promotions.
- Organize the project follow-up of new built or renovation projects
- Open and develop distributors in his/her territory.
- Works in collaboration with the Golf Sales Specialist active in his territory, and coordinate his activity.
- Organize and take part in regional meetings and trainings with greenkeeepers, architects, contractors and others to build intimate relationships between Rain Bird and customers.
- Visit golf courses regularly for sales and specification purposes and to identify future business opportunities.
- Update the company database of customers.
- Report regularly on progress.
- Track and monitor sales progress and make recommendations, as needed
- Actively participate in the business tactical planning
- Work closely with Service team, other Golf Area Managers, Europe Specification Manager and Europe Golf Sales Manager to achieve sales objectives and actions in the regions for which she/he is responsible
- This position requires intensive traveling of about 50% of the person’s time.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in industrial / technical products sales (sales through projects, and through distribution channels)
- Proven track record and demonstrated progression of responsibilities
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (Word, Excel etc.)
- MBA or graduate degree
- Experience in irrigation or golf industry
- Experience in opening and developing distribution in the UK.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information collected during the application process will be processed electronically by the Human Relations Department of Rain Bird Europe and Rain Bird Corporation. The data will be accessed by Rain Bird Human Relations personnel located in France and the United States as well as the Rain Bird managers involved in the recruitment process. No data will be communicated outside of Rain Bird.
Our applicant data is hosted by iCMS in the United States. iCMS is self harbor certified. If your application is performed through our website and into our iCMS recruiting application, all data marked with an () are mandatory and must be completed so that we can process your application. The information that is not marked with an () is optional and not answering this information will not affect the outcome of your application. If you are based outside of the United States, please select that you wish not to self-identify for the purpose of EEO statistics.
You can access and modify your data by requesting it with Rain Bird Europe Human Relations at the following address (please join a proof of ID):
Rain Bird Europe
900 rue Ampère
Alternatively, if you have created an iCMS account with us during the recruitment process, you can log in into your account to rectify your data at any time.
In addition you have the right to object to the treatment of your personal data if for a legally valid reason.
#superintendent, #golfsuperintendent, #greenskeeper, #groundskeeper#, #maxicom, #golfsales, #golfjobs, #unitedkingdom, #europe, #golfcoursejobs
#golf, #irrigation, #turf, #greenskeeper, #sales, #RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager, #RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #SeniorSalesManager, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #NationalSalesDirector, #DistrictSalesmanager, #MarketManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #distributionchannel, #distributor
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top