Global Corporate Safety Manager
- Tijuana, Mexico
The Global Corporate Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety, health and environmental protection goals of the Company are met. They also provide improvement recommendations to prevent accidents and eliminate or control exposures that could result in harm to our employees and contractors.
- Improving, monitoring and enforcing programs, policies and procedures to prevent accidents, eliminate or control exposures and comply with policies and procedures and regulations of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies in the various countries.
- Inspecting Company facilities to identify existing or potential safety, health and environmental hazards. Recommending corrective actions or preventative measures and ensuring implementation of these measures.
- Ensuring a thorough investigation of all job related accidents and incidents; ensuring that appropriate root cause and corrective action is taken. Assists insurance and regulatory investigators with on-site investigations and inspections. Leads a crisis management team during large or catastrophic loss events.
- Leading our Corporate Safety Committee.
- Ensuring facilities have suitable safety coverage and that Facility Managers and Facility Safety Coordinators are performing their safety related responsibilities. Provides training and resources to Facility Managers, Safety Coordinators and Supervisors who work at Rain Bird.
- Managing the services of our Worker’s Compensation loss prevention services.
- Promoting our safety culture and leading programs to improve the Company's overall safety culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations (e.g. OSHA)
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and team facilitation skills
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in safety and risk management
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Ability to travel
- Master’s degree
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top