General Manager - Mexico
- Guadalajara, Mexico
The General Manager of the Rain Bird Mexico is both the leader and the manager of the entity. He/She leads the sales growth of the entity and ensures smooth and profitable operations. He/She hires and coaches his/her staff effectively to best support his/her growth objectives and provide high customer service standards.
- Defining, implementing and executing sales and marketing plans for products and services sold by the subsidiary
- Executing and delivering on Rain Bird International’s Corporate Guidelines for International.
- Achieving sales and market share goals
- Achieving the subsidiary’s P&L, budget and gross margin targets
- Hiring and developing staff as well as implementing effective succession planning and performance management
- Justifying and hiring additional positions, as the business grows
- Building good working relationships with Rain Bird Mexico’s key customers
- Managing effectiveness of operations: customer service, inventory health; Slow, Excess & Obsolete, purchasing, importing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and Information systems
- Working closely and collaboratively with the different Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to ensure that the market needs are supported and that Rain Bird Mexico is adequately supporting the SBUs’ objectives
- BA or BS degree and MBA degree
- Minimum of ten years of experience in sales, operations and/or general management
- Proven record of career progression, including managing sales teams
- P&L responsibility experience
- Experience in selling engineered products through distribution
- Fluency in English and Spanish (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel in country to support the business
- Highly energetic and motivated person with an ambition to succeed working with an empowering US market leader in Mexico.
- International business experience
- Some irrigation business experience (desired)
Back to top