Field Service Engineer
The Service Engineer provides GSP technical phone support and on-site assistance to Rain Bird Central Control and other High Service Products customers. This person must be familiar with a variety of irrigation engineering and design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provide GSP technical phone support to customers, distributors, and field personnel.
- Participate in the GSP 24 hour on-call phone support rotation.
- Provide on-site service to troubleshoot and repair irrigation components, including central control systems, weather stations, valves, rotors, electronic controllers, flow sensors, pumps, and other products.
- Support the development and implementation of revenue generating services such as central control programming, course audits, mapping, site surveys, and pump station maintenance.
- Coordinate with engineering and service departments to develop and ensure that service performance and quality specifications are met.
- Prepare and conduct training, both on-site and in a classroom environment.
- Travel as necessary, including overnight to meet service requirements at specific customer sites.
- Provide field information to engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing.
- Track, report and follow-up on product and technical issues.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, irrigation or business, plus 3-5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer trouble shooting skills, both hardware and software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Direct customer service and support experience.
- Knowledge of electronics.
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 25% of the time.
- Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language(s).
- Field experience in golf irrigation service
- Irrigation, golf course service and Golf Central Control programming experience.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top