Engineering Manager - Electronics
Provides technical and administrative supervision to personnel responsible for the engineering support of existing product lines. Supervises product engineering efforts to support production, product cost, product quality, and sustaining design projects. Participates in project and product justifications, hires and supervises engineers, technicians, and outside resources. Makes project assignments, evaluates performance, and is responsible for the successful completion of all assigned projects.
- Leadership of approximately 10 to 15 engineers in the group, and of all engineering sustaining activities.
- Recruit and train future sustaining engineering team members.
- Provide ongoing staff development and support. Responsible for work assignments.
- • Direct group’s work in collaboration and coordination with SBU marketing and quality personnel to improve product cost, quality, and delivery. Communicate to all levels of management as necessary to provide information such as project status, value analysis, work progress, product test results, etc.
- Provide technical guidance to SBU product managers in the course of managing product quality.
- Manage sustaining engineering group’s efforts with emphasis on error-free execution and speed.
- Ensure product designs meet Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality Control objectives.
- Provide technical support to Rain Bird suppliers and assembly plants, and serve as a source of information for all assigned products
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Excellent communication and people-management skills.
- Ten years experience in project engineering work with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Five years of supervisory experience in an engineering related environment, or demonstrated ability to successfully supervise engineering personnel.
- Familiarity with electronic design and assembly processes, and documentation control in a multi-site organization.
- Computer proficiency for electronic design, project management, configuration management, Microsoft Office.
- Experience in product agency certification for UL, CSA, CE, FCC, etc.
- Bilingual English-Spanish
- MS or other advanced degree in engineering, or an MBA with emphasis on management.
- Experience with TQM concepts, SPC, FMEA, DOE, JIT.
- Experience in design verification and validation, including design reviews, change control, HALT, field testing, circuit modeling, etc.
- Engineering management experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores
Back to top