The Engineering Manager provides the technical and administrative leadership for a team of product development engineers and oversees the planning, execution, and tracking of multiple projects. Specific activities include staffing, people management, external vendor management, project planning, monitoring progress, developing and tracking budgets, controlling expenses and profitability, financial and strategic planning, facilitating team meetings, and more.
The successful candidate will:
- provide outstanding personal leadership, goal setting, and staff development
- be an expert in electronics design and product development
- be an expert in firmware development for real-time resource-constrained embedded systems
- be an experienced project manager
- foster creativity and innovation
- participate heavily in all phases of product conceptualization, justification, requirements definition, development, implementation, and launch
- interface with customer business units to deliver expected results associated with assigned projects
- work with engineering teams to prepare budget and schedule estimates for new projects
- prepare RFQ (Request For Quotation) and SOW (Statement of Work) documents and negotiate with external vendors to ensure deliverables are achieved
- set priorities, develop work schedules, assign project teams, and regularly assess progress
- be enthusiastic, hardworking, and have a can-do attitude
- possess strong communications skills
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree
- Experience in developing electronic products for robust applications and high production volumes
- Exceptional knowledge of electronic design and embedded firmware development processes
- Experience with 8-bit microprocessors, 32-bit processors, analog, and digital circuitry
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and budgeting skills
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills
- Five years of supervisory experience in an engineering related environment
- Track record of achieving results individually and through team leadership
- Prior experience with project management functions
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Experience with regulatory certification process.
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of disciplines
- Previous experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top