District Sales Manager - Golf
The District Sales Manager is responsible for profitably growing product sales for use in golf industry applications. This role will work effectively at various customer levels to demonstrate, justify, and successfully sell irrigation systems to new and existing golf courses. District Sales Managers work independently within a geographic territory and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. A successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will understand irrigation system design.
The District Sales Manager works at high management and ownership levels within a golf course to outline Rain Bird’s capabilities to decision makers. District Sales Managers are “solution-based” sales representatives who present Rain Bird products, finance options, and irrigation solutions to golf course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers, and superintendents.
The District Sales Manager works with independent distributors and Rain Bird Regional Manager to develop sales plans and strategies that ensure proper sales coverage and sales effectiveness across all territories within the assigned district.
This position also requires close coordination and contact with the Regional Manager, Specification Managers, and Corporate Account Manager in the identification and support of customers who represent the greatest areas of opportunity. For instance, the District Sales Manager will assist the Regional Manager in the development and education of distributor personnel so that the distributors can recognize needs and promote Rain Bird products in the golf irrigation system proposals.
- BA or BS Degree
- 3-5 years successful sales or territory sales management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Willing to live in assigned territory while traveling extensively
- MBA Degree
- Industrial technical or engineering sales experience
- Strong desire to advance into Product Management or Sales Management
- Experience with irrigation products, design, and installation
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top