District Sales Manager
This person is responsible for setting the direction and achieving desired sales results in their territory. The successful candidate will quickly achieve exceptional sales and share growth through traditional agriculture irrigation dealers and corporate accounts.
- Achieve exceptional profitable sales results and share growth in assigned territory.
- Analyze and dissect the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual tactical plan to meet sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Develop and maintain a project database and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high value sites.
- Educate and influence dealers and growers on the value of Rain Bird’s agricultural products, their applications, and key benefits to drive product preference.
- Work closely with Marketing and assist the Agriculture division in determining market needs, competitive information and overall market trends.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility to key accounts, and aggressive call coverage cycles.
- Implement novel approaches to accelerate Rain Bird’s influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
- Capability to become an accomplished leader that consistently achieves results and develops creative, customer-focused solutions to accelerate growth.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Agricultural irrigation design and experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell to large accounts.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Must live within the territory (this position may require some overnight travel).
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top