District Sales Manager - Agriculture
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, seeks a results-driven Regional Sales Manager to implement strategies for profitable product sales and market share growth in Landscape throughout their assigned region.
Combine your drive, energy, proven sales skills and achievements to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation. You will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver extraordinary results. Your work history shows you work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell products.
This person is responsible for all sales and sales strategies, assisting in setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for the Central Coast territory in the California Regions.
- Achieve exceptional sales and share growth through traditional agriculture irrigation dealers and quickly develop new dealer accounts.
- Analyze and dissect the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual tactical plan to meet sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Develop and maintain a project database and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high value sites.
- Educate and influence dealers and growers on the value of Rain Bird’s agricultural products, their applications, and key benefits to drive product preference.
- Work closely with Marketing and assist the Agriculture division in determining market needs, competitive information and overall market trends.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility to key accounts, and aggressive call coverage cycles.
- Participate in strategically important tradeshows and regional events.
- Accelerate sales growth by implementing tactics to improve Rain Bird’s influence with growers and corporate farm customers.
- Capability to become an accomplished leader that consistently achieves results and develops creative, customer-focused solutions to accelerate growth.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver with strong influencing skills. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze and recommend strategies for varied project/ jobs. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. You are an out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to the sales challenge. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Agricultural irrigation design and experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell to large accounts.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Must live within the territory (this position requires approximately 30-40% overnight travel).
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #GeneralSalesManager, #RegionalSalesManager, #RegionalSalesDirector, #JobsatRainBird, #CareersatRainBird, #RainBirdCulture, #Rainbird, #workingatRainbird, #SeniorSalesManager, #irrigationsales, #SalesmarketingManager, #NationalSalesDirector, #DistrictSalesmanager, #MarketManager, #VP #vicepresident, #irrigation, #turf, #quality, #industryleader, #P&L, #global, #B2B, #distributionchannel, #distributor, #agriculture, #horticulture, #microirrigation, #drip, #agdrip, #farming, #waterconservation, #agribusiness, #agri-business, #productmanager, #salesleader, #territorysalesmanager, #Santa Maria, #SanLuisObispo, #PasoRobles, #Salinas, #Gilroy, #KingCity, #californiajobs, #jobsincalifornia, #careersincalifornia, #agcareers
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top