Distributor Manager - Northern California
This person is responsible for Commercial, Contractor, and Landscape Drip SBU’s sales and market
share growth in the Northern California and Northern Nevada region.
- Achieve sales goals for assigned region.
- Act as team manager in monitoring numbers and team progress and take lead on defining strategies
- to grow market share.
- Maintain contact and enhance relations with the major accounts in the region.
- Be responsible for managing the selection, development, annual sales planning of distributors
- intended to grow share.
- Assist the Sales Manager in working with the four SBU’s in developing marketing programs and
- gathering market share data.
- Assist marketing in determining product needs.
- Assist marketing in field quality issues and continually support corporation in improvement of our
- product quality.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales
- Plans, etc. coordinated with the Regional Sales team and with National Sales Manager.
- Maintain sales travel and promotional budgets while growing share.
- Confer with the division managers on changes and improvements in company policy.
- Lead sales initiatives and programs related to the NCA sales team.
- Propose and implement sales and marketing programs to gain market share in product categories.
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Marketing.
- 5-8 years previous successful sales experience.
- 3 year minimum previous outside sales management experience—must have experience setting strategic direction for sales teams.
- Driven, self starter wanting to lead a team and grow aggressively with the Rain Bird organization.
- The successful candidate must live within the region.
- Previous experience in the Turf irrigation industry with a knowledge of Turf products and applications, distribution channels and customers, the Rain Bird organization, Rain Bird products, competitors, etc.
- Marketing experience.
- Bilingual/Speaks Spanish
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top