Distributor Manager - Northern California
As the Rain Bird Distributor Manager you are responsible for Commercial, Contractor, and Landscape Drip divisions sales and market share growth in the Northern California and Northern Nevada region. The self driven successful candidate will achieve sales goals for the assigned region, maintain contact and enhance relations with the major accounts in the region, be responsible for managing the selection, development, annual sales planning of distributors, assist in developing marketing programs and gathering market share data.
- Achieve sales goals for assigned region.
- Act as team manager in monitoring numbers and team progress and take lead on defining strategies to grow market share.
- Maintain contact and enhance relations with the major accounts in the region.
- Be responsible for managing the selection, development, annual sales planning of distributors
- Assist the Sales Manager in working with the four SBU’s in developing marketing programs and gathering market share data.
- Assist marketing in determining product needs.
- Assist marketing in field quality issues and continually support corporation in improvement of our product quality.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans, etc. coordinated with the Regional Sales team and with National Sales Manager.
- Maintain sales travel and promotional budgets while growing share.
- Confer with the division managers on changes and improvements in company policy.
- Lead sales initiatives and programs related to the NCA sales team.
- Propose and implement sales and marketing programs to gain market share in product categories.
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Marketing.
- 5-8 years previous successful sales experience.
- 3 year minimum previous outside sales management experience—must have experience setting strategic direction for sales teams.
- Driven, self starter wanting to lead a team and grow aggressively with the Rain Bird organization.
- The successful candidate must live within the region.
- Previous experience in the Turf irrigation industry with a knowledge of Turf products and applications, distribution channels and customers, the Rain Bird organization, Rain Bird products, competitors, etc.
- Marketing experience.
- Bilingual/Speaks Spanish
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top