Distribution and Operations Executive
- San Dimas, CA
Rain Bird is searching for a high-level manager/executive to oversee the corporation’s distribution, warehousing, logistics, and transportation functions. The ideal candidate will have meaningful prior experience in distribution operations, and possess the knowledge and aptitude to also lead manufacturing and/or other business operations, allowing for career growth extending beyond their initial assignment. The candidate must be well suited to develop and implement initiatives to improve flexibility, speed, and efficiency; and create a company infrastructure that supports rapid growth.
- Expertise and previous experience in high-volume distribution processes, techniques, and tools to achieve world-class results
- Ten or more years of prior leadership experience, including manufacturing operations or general management
- Dynamic and strategic thinking abilities with a proven track record of operational excellence
- Planning skills to ensure that facilities, equipment, processes, personnel, and plans are in place to smoothly handle expected growth
- Leadership skills to create a performance-driven organization focused on continuous improvement of all operational metrics (including safety, quality, delivery, and profitability)
- A strong orientation to identify causes for customer dissatisfaction, and the tenacity to drive appropriate corrective actions through to completion
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with a broad spectrum of internal and external people
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, logistics, or other related discipline
- MBA or other graduate degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/engineering discipline (the most applicable being mechanical or industrial)
- Logistics experience in a high-volume environment.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top