Director of Business Systems
As the Director of Business Systems you are responsible for the selection, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of Rain Bird’s ERP and other critical business systems. You will also be responsible for idetifying and recommending software solutons to ensure we are continually improving our business systems. In this leadership role you will manage both internal and external staff, ensuring they are meeting strategic objectives.
- Manage functional and technical staff, including hiring, counseling and discipline, performance reviews, and salary recommendations.
- Select and supervise consultants and outsource providers to support business systems.
- Develop mid and long range plans and budgets to provide appropriate system support.
- Continually improve the value of systems to Rain Bird.
- Work with users to identify software gaps and define requirements, and develop cost-effective solutions to the identified gaps.
- Oversee planning and application testing to assure the quality of business systems processes.
- 15+ years of solid general business and information services experience with a wide range of accomplishments in supervision, project management, and team leadership and demonstrated ability to select, implement, maintain, and improve a variety of applications.
- BA degree in Business, Information Services, or a related field.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills and ability to get results.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users and management.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Project, Outlook).
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- MBA from a top-ranked school.
- General knowledge of information systems infrastructure requirements.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top