Customer Service Representative
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the National and International Rain Bird Distributor and/or Retailer base. This role also involves support to the sales and marketing groups.
- Support distributors in service; order entry, billing, Electronic Data Interchange, marketing programs and/or Retailers yearly programs and other sales and service functions as necessary for the assigned customer base.
- Work with Distributors and/or Retailers on requests, resolving problems, and pricing discrepancies.
- Maintain strong communications with customers regarding order status, promotions, and territory news.
- Responsible for minimizing service-related delivery delays.
- Process return good requests, other service issues and any other adjustments for customers.
- Maintain Price Files and/or Price to Meet Competitions (PTM and PTC forms).
- Coordinates shipping requirements with distribution centers.
- Coordinates with shipping when orders need to be expedited or have special custom requirements.
- Directs ordering, shipment and consolidation of multiple Business Units and buyout products for international shipments.
- Reviews letters of credit for international customers for fulfillment appropriateness and other factors.
- Builds and applies all appropriate country specific international shipping documentation such as commercial invoices, shippers letter of instruction, country of origin, and trade certificates such as NAFTA.
- Cross train with and potentially back-up any of several other customer support areas as needed to provide depth of operations within the functions.
- Ability to provide excellent judgment in ambiguous situations and creative problem solving.
- Work with other departments on behalf of the CSRs, such as PeopleSoft, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Able to contribute to the department and lead special projects, such as: payroll, high end complex ordering process, service plans and other recurring billing; various reports; queries for pricing; advance shipping notification (ASN); or any long term project that may arise and maintain high level of service to customers.
- Knowledgeable in PeopleSoft, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), and other applications.
- 3 - 5 years experience in the areas of customer service, order entry, sales, international shipping and customs compliance, international finance related to Letters of Credit, and/or marketing experience.
- BS or BA degree in Marketing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel as required.
- May require foreign language skills.
- Possess working knowledge of Irrigation products, systems and customers.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Management Information Systems and/or related field.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment and leadership skills.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top