Customer Service Manager
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 130 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™, as it is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality. Feel free to browse our website to familiarize yourself with who we are - www.rainbird.com.
You will find that a career at Rain Bird offers a challenging and very rewarding opportunity for self-motivated, results minded individuals looking for a unique career position with a well established company. Our employees enjoy a company culture that fosters teamwork as well as individual initiative and rewards success with a highly competitive compensation/benefits package as well as other unique benefits.
- Manage the Customer Service team in charge of customers’ orders management from order reception to order delivery at customers
- Manage the interface between Marketing and Information Systems groups for pricing and promotional program creation and application for customers across Europe
- Manage the interface with the Purchasing and Supply team to anticipate product shortages, find alternatives for customers and align communication with customers & Sales force
- Manage the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system with existing and new customers
- Contribute to strategic planning process for the Customer Service, Logistics and Supply Chain departments
- Monitor, report and improve service to customers related to order delivery and shipment and invoicing accuracy
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of process improvements
- Improve overall skills of the customer service team (analytical and synthetic skills)
- Improve overall performance and efficiency of the customer service team
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing for the organization of internal and external events, including training of new employees
- Provide excellent customer service and help to develop and implement customer service procedures, policies and standards
- Investigate and solve customers' problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by customer service representatives
- Analyze statistics, measure customer satisfaction and improve services
- Training staff to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Be a backup for the supply Chain manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 5-8 years experience in customer service, international export/import compliance operations, service offerings, or logistics
- High level data analysis and manipulation experience in Microsoft Excel, Power Point
- Demonstrated progressive leadership success in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent in 3 main languages spoken in Europe
- Problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking, be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service
- Organizational and planning skills to develop customer services policies
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Purchasing and supply experience
- Previous call center management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system support and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) support experience, customs brokerage or freight forwarder experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information collected during the application process will be processed electronically by the Human Relations Department of Rain Bird Europe and Rain Bird Corporation. The data will be accessed by Rain Bird Human Relations personnel located in France and the United States as well as the Rain Bird managers involved in the recruitment process. No data will be communicated outside of Rain Bird.
Our applicant data is hosted by iCMS in the United States. iCMS is self harbor certified. If your application is performed through our website and into our iCMS recruiting application, all data marked with an () are mandatory and must be completed so that we can process your application. The information that is not marked with an () is optional and not answering this information will not affect the outcome of your application. If you are based outside of the United States, please select that you wish not to self-identify for the purpose of EEO statistics.
You can access and modify your data by requesting it with Rain Bird Europe Human Relations at the following address (please join a proof of ID):
Rain Bird Europe
900 rue Ampère
Alternatively, if you have created an iCMS account with us during the recruitment process, you can log in into your account to rectify your data at any time.
In addition you have the right to object to the treatment of your personal data if for a legally valid reason.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top