Credit & Collections Manager
A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
- Supervise functions of the Accounts Receivable department both internal staff and third party cash application operations.
- Manage the credit evaluation process for all customers of Rain Bird Corporation and Rain Bird International and recommend changes to credit limits to management
- Responsible for all credit/collections interface with SBU Directors and other sales management.
- Oversee monitoring/maintaining credit limits and management of order hold/release functions.
- Prepare reports on the status of credit and collections and other matters.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities both internally and externally.
- Maintain world class receivables metrics in both DSO and Delinquent AR %’s.
- Oversee global credit insurance policy renewals and reporting.
- Very strong English communication skills both oral and written
- 7-10 years experience in the areas of credit, collections, finance or accounting at a supervisory level.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
- Strong leadership/supervisory skills.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable/Collections in a multinational environment.
- PC literate in a Windows environment and proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in international credit, shipping, documentation and customer service.
- FisCal or similar credit evaluation software experience helpful.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, accounting, finance or related field.
- Possess working knowledge of letters of credit.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP computer systems.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top