Corporate Distribution Manager
Rain Bird’s business is growing rapidly, and the corporation is in need of adding expertise, leadership, and personnel capacity to its distribution center, logistics, and transportation operations. The specific job scope and responsibilities for this position will be determined based on the skills and prior experience of the particular individual who is hired.
However, we desire a Corporate Distribution Manager who is an expert in distribution processes, techniques, and tools to achieve world-class results. Be a leader who can create a performance-driven organization focused on continuous improvement of all operational metrics (including safety, quality, delivery, and profitability). As well as, thinks strategically to achieve corporate goals.
- expertise and previous experience in distribution processes, techniques, and tools to achieve world-class results
- leadership skills to create a performance-driven organization focused on continuous improvement of all operational metrics (including safety, quality, delivery, and profitability)
- dynamic and strategic thinking abilities with a proven track record of operational excellence
- planning skills to ensure that distribution facilities, equipment, processes, personnel, and plans are in place to smoothly handle expected growth in sales
- a strong orientation to identify causes for customer dissatisfaction, and the tenacity to drive appropriate corrective actions through to completion
- interpersonal skills to work effectively with Rain Bird manufacturing plants and business units to improve the quality and efficiency of all supply chain processes
- experience with corporate transportation functions, managing transportation (parcel, LTL, FTL, rail, ocean, air) costs, and ensuring legal requirements (e.g. C-TPAT) are met
- 10+ years of experience in a managerial position
- Previous experience and expertise in high-volume distribution operations
- BS degree in engineering, business, logistics, or other related discipline
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, team-building, and negotiating skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement, and the tenacity to drive them through to completion
- Previous Profit & Loss responsibility
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- MBA or other graduate degree.
- Logistics experience in a high-volume environment.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#distribution, #supplychain, #vicepresident, #logistics, #workingatrainbird, #director, #president, #managingdirector, #p&l, #profitandloss, #p/l, #c-tpat, #ltl, #parcel, #FTL, #packaging, #shipping, #traffic, #delivery, #thirdpartylogistics, #3pl
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top