Contractor/Public Agency Account Manager - Australia
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 130 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™, as it is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality. Feel free to browse our website to familiarize yourself with who we are - www.rainbird.com. You will find that a career at Rain Bird offers a challenging and very rewarding opportunity for self-motivated, results minded individuals looking for a unique career position with a well established company. Our employees enjoy a company culture that fosters teamwork as well as individual initiative and rewards success with a highly competitive compensation/benefits package as well as other unique benefits.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives by growing sales with top professional irrigation contractors through the Rain Bird dealer network.
- Achieve landscape product sales growth through some key public agencies such as Universities, Schools & Sporting Clubs.
- Analyze the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan to reach sales targets and corporate objectives.
- Successfully develop and implement local and regional programs to promote Rain Bird turf products.
- Develop and execute sales and promotional efforts with the Area Manager, other Contractor Account Managers, Specification Managers and key distributors to grow Rain Bird sales with top professional irrigation contractor targets.
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility, and aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Assist the National Sales & Marketing Manager (Landscape) and SBU Product Managers in determining market needs.
- Maintain, utilize and grow contractor and public agency databases for direct marketing and communication efforts.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- This position requires approximately 10% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and qualifications in a relevant field.
- Three to five years of sales experience and a proven ability to sell, ideally in the Irrigation industry or related fields.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and general business skills.
- Motivated, results oriented, self starter eager to take ownership of job requirements.
- Strong analytical & computer skills.
- Irrigation design and experience.
- Graduate Degree
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top