Contractor and Public Agency Specialist
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent fieldwork that will deliver extraordinary results. You will work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products.
The person will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Sell contractors, municipalities or public entities, private companies and specifiers on using/buying Rain Bird landscape products and services
- Demonstrate to these customers Rain Bird’s landscape products and services, their application, key benefits and ease of troubleshooting.
- Make field visits to landscape sites in order to solicit orders for product and service sales
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Distribution Manager and possible key distributors to secure Rain Bird turf sales
- Participation in demo days, road shows, customer fly-ins and trainings, tradeshows and regional sales meetings
- Managing phone basic technical support to all customers/users in local language
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility and aggressive call coverage cycle
- Maintain & utilize customer data base for direct marketing and communication efforts
- Undergraduate university degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in sales or equivalent
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Self-motivated, team player, aggressive, and strong communication skills
- Fluent in both German and English
- Enjoys traveling at least 70% of the time and live within the region
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- Intermediate level or fluency in French is a plus
Back to top