Contractor and Public Agency Specialist
In this role you will:
Work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, explain and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products.
Your responsibilities may include irrigation technical training for distributors, assistance in merchandising, developing and fast-growing markets, etc. Be responsible for forecasting and providing input for the Landscape division on relevant information and market trends.
You will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly dynamic market.
- Sell contractors, municipalities or public entities, private companies and specifiers on using/buying Rain Bird landscape products and services
- Demonstrate to these customers Rain Bird’s landscape products and services, their application, key benefits and ease of troubleshooting.
- Make field visits to landscape sites in order to solicit orders for product and service sales
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Area Sales Manager and possible key distributors to secure Rain Bird turf sales
- Participation in demo days, road shows, customer fly-ins and training, tradeshows and regional sales meetings
- Handling phone basic technical support to all customers/users in local language
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing excellent customer service, high visibility, and intensive call coverage cycle
- Maintain & utilize customer database for direct marketing and communication efforts
Who you are:
You will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be dedicated, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a dynamic environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent field work that will deliver excellent results.
- Undergraduate university degree
- 3+ years’ work experience in sales or equivalent
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, energetic
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Ought to be willing to travel at least 70% of the time and live in the region.
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- An intermediate level or fluency in French is a plus
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#sales #irrigation #accountmanager #businessdevelopment
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top